Wednesday, August 4, 2010

5 Predictions for the 2010 NFL Season

I'm Back. Things were quiet for awhile. But, with football on the horizon, and because I'm getting frickin' pumped, the inspirado is back.

Here some predictions I have for the season:

1. The Bills will stink - I'm not just writing this because I'm a Jet fan. Look at the facts. After they couldn't give the job away, they made Chan Gailey the head coach. Chan Gailey. While there are quarterbacks with starting experience, the position is shaky. Trent Edwards has the swagger of a junior high school girl who has just been cut from the volleyball team. Running Back Marshawn Lynch has had some meshugas, and the team even attempted to trade him. The team is better than you think on defense, but I don't think that will be enough to overcome the issues on offense, and I predict a rough season for Rotten Ralph and the Orchard Park Punching Bags.

2. The Jets will be good, but not great - There's something to be said for team chemistry. Last year's fantastic playoff run was a product of all the new team elements coming together at the right time. This year, the Jets have talent, but also a lot of new faces. If the 1996 and 2008 Jets seasons taught us anything, it's that no team is ever just one or two players away from a Super Bowl. I predict 9-7 with a playoff run.

3. The Raiders will improve a lot - They got rid of Jamarcus Russell. They got Jason Campbell from Redskins, and if he doesn't pan out, Bruce Gradkowski, who has provided a spark to the offense when he's been in, is still on the roster. Not only are they better at QB, but the team has drafted decently, stocking the roster with talented young players. While I don't know what their final record will be, I think the Raiders will surprise some people.

4. The Rams will eventually start Sam Bradford - This team still has a little way to go before they're competitive again. While I'm sure A.J. Feeley, a career backup, will start the season putting his hands near the center's crotch in game 1 against Arizona, I don't see him keeping the spot all season. If and when the Rams' season turns into garbage time, I think the coaches will put Bradford in to get him some experience.

5. The Colts will make the playoffs - As long as Peyton Manning is suiting up for Indy, this will keep happening. He makes that team go, and he'll do it again this season.




We'll see if I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment