Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh Yeah...The NFL Draft is this weekend

I sort of forgot, but the NFL Draft is this Thursday. Usually around this time, I'm well-read on a decent portion of the draft pool. I try to predict which player each team might draft. I sit and listen to all the analysis provided by "The Hairdo" Mel Kiper, Jr., and Todd McShay. It's a nice way to get excited for the upcoming season.

This year is different (for me, anyway). I know about the big names, and I know about the former Syracuse players. That's pretty much it. The reason being...

The strike.

With a work stoppage, I'm having a hard time getting excited about the 2011 season, mainly because I don't think there's going to be one. There is already a plan in place if the strike lasts into the season. If the NFL powers-that-be had that conversation, things don't look good. With the prospect of the season being cancelled, what is there to get excited about? How can there be giddy anticipation about what a player can do for a team if we aren't going to see him show his stuff?

I'll watch the draft, but the excitement might be curbed a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment